Land Rover vs Range Rover
When you think of luxury SUVs, there’s a huge chance that Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles come to mind. That’s because the Land Rover brand has come a long way from its humble beginnings as just another off-roading vehicle, and has the perfect combination of luxury, power, and style.
So, what’s the difference between a Land Rover vs. Range Rover? To start, Land Rover is the brand that makes up the entire lineup of Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles. For example, technically the Range Rover Evoque is actually the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque. Makes sense, right?
Our team at Land Rover Albuquerque will give you a breakdown of the different models, so you can decide which is best for your drives around Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and South Valley. And don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Land Rover vs Range Rover: The Models
The biggest difference you’ll notice between the Land Rover and Range Rover models is the level of luxury that builds as you go along.
- Land Rover Discovery: The lowest model in its class, the Land Rover Discovery still exerts plenty of power and luxury, which is Land Rover signature combination.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport: A little bit more room and power, the Discovery Sport is the only luxury compact SUV that offers a third row for passengers.
- Land Rover Range Rover: The Land Rover Range Rover makes a leap in luxury from its predecessors, with upscale interior, advanced technology features, and powerful engine options.
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque: The Evoque continues the Land Rover traditional off-roading capabilities, all the while maintaining the luxurious feel, yet at a lesser cost than the Range Rover.
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport: This model of the Range Rover lineup features five engines to choose from, including a fuel-efficient turbodiesel.
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar: Two turbocharged engines options, a sleek look, and of course, the ability to travel off the beaten path, the Range Rover Velar is the latest model in the Land Rover lineup, and sets the bar high for other luxury SUVs.
It All Began with One Rover…
Taking it way back to its roots, circa the 1960s, the Land Rover brand was actually just called Rover. They established the Land Rover model as a means to earn some quick revenue, while trying to come up with higher-end models.
However, the Land Rover model was a best-seller, and so they decided to keep producing it, and essentially renamed the brand after it. In 1970, they introduced the Range Rover model, which combined the ruggedness of the Land Rover model with a softer side for city drivers.
Over the years, the Land Rover brand has come to be a luxury brand, with the Range Rover models being the most prestigious.
Learn More About the Land Rover & Range Rover Models
As you can see, the Land Rover and Range Rover models are technically one in the same. However, each model has its own unique features that bring something different to your daily driving life around Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, and South Valley.
If you’d like to learn more about any of our Land Rover models, or test drive a few, contact us at Land Rover Albuquerque today!